GARMIN JOB DISPATCH
Speed the Deployment of Tracking, Dispatch and Driver Communication Using a Garmin Device
Garmin Dispatch Agent is a modular solution that provides integrated vehicle tracking, navigation, driver communication and dispatch capabilities. It uses the IsatData Pro satellite service and IDP terminals in tandem with off-the-shelf Garmin FMI-enabled devices as the human interface, to offer services including:
- Stop management: Allow dispatchers to communicate and manage driver stops in real-time
- Driver communication: Canned and free-form text messaging even outside cellular areas
- Driver safety: Speed limit alerts help to enforce safe driving habits
- Vehicle and cargo security: Driver identification checks even in the most remote areas
- Electronic forms: Allow drivers and dispatch to exchange information using forms that can be completed on Garmin device
- Hours-of-Service (HOS): Fulfill government logbook regulations by automating the entry and recording of all required information from the driver’s cab
- Points of Interest: Send waypoints to Garmin devices over-the-air regardless of location
5 Reasons to Choose Garmin Dispatch Agent
- Quick Deployment: Simplifies the addition of comprehensive in-vehicle communication to fleet management solutions.
- Compatibility: Enables the use of industry-standard, Garmin FMI-enabled devices instead of proprietary data terminals.
- Reduced Costs: Optimizes the amount of information sent over the satellite network, keeping airtime costs down.
- Complete Coverage: Including satellite in a fleet management solution ensures reliable communication regardless of cellular coverage.
- Modular: Option to subscribe to just the Garmin API for users comfortable with Lua development.